Technical Adviser of Plateau United Fidelis Ilechukwu have revealed that his personal target ahead of next football season is to qualify the club to the group stage of the CAF Champions League, after finishing runners up in the just concluded NPFL season.

The gaffer set a record of qualifying Olukoya boys of Lagos to their first ever CAF Champions League appearance after finishing second in their second season in NPFL before pitching tent with the Naze millionaire of Owerri; he said his achievement last season with Plateau United is nothing special but reaching the group stage of the CAF Champions League with Plateau United next season would give him something new to celebrate in his coaching career.

According to him when responding to question on Sport Connect a WhatsApp Platform, he said," My personal target is to get to the group stage of the CAF Champions League”, He said in an interview with Journalist on a social media WhatsApp platform Sports Connect.

" I know it will be a very challenging one to achieve but this task ahead of us will surely come with a lot of sacrifice and major sacrifice is 80% financial support and the rest 20% s what would be sorted out by ourselves.

😉Continue Reading Below ...😜

Sport Flames img

" It’s going to be a thing of joy for Plateau United because they’ve never qualified to the group stage of the CAF Champions League for the two times that they’ve qualified for the CAF Champions League.

" Even when I qualified with MFM Football Club, I didn’t make it to the group stage, so I didn’t do anything different this time, I didn’t win the league, because I finished second and this second time with Lalong boys would really love to take a step further, qualifying for the Champions League group stage, so I can have something to celebrate in my Coaching career”, He concluded.

Fidelis Ilechukwu led MFM FC where knocked out of the first round of the CAF Champions by MC Alger of Algeria 7-2 aggregate.

The Olukoya Boys had managed a 2-1 win in their reverse tie, but MC Alger came out smoking, beating the Nigeria flag bearers 6-0 in the second leg.

  Sport Flames img

Post a Comment

Blog Designed By CodeHead Copy Rights 2015 . Powered by Blogger.